We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
After a day’s work, you are tired and hungry. Imagine how delight you are when seeing a crispy thin crust mounted with the choicest of toppings including barbecued chicken spiced salami and and stir fried assorted vegetables overflowing with three kinds of mouth watering gooey goodness of cheeses which includes mild cheddar, melting mozarella and parmesan. Yes, pizza is delicious and welcome in every home. However, do you know the following pizza facts?
1. the largest circular pizza ever baked is measured 122 feet, 8 inches in diameter
2. The word pizza was first documented in AD 997 in Gaeta and successively in different parts of Central and Southern Italy.
3. Saturday is the most popular night to eat pizza.
4. Pepperoni is the most popular topping in US (It is around 36% of all their pizzas). While anchovies is their least favorite topping
5. Antica Pizzeria Port’Alba is a pizzeria in Naples, Italy, which is widely believed to be the world’s first pizzeria
6. Frank Sinatra, Jimmy Durante, Jerry Colonna, and baseball star Joe DiMaggio were the first celebrities that promoted pizza in America
7. Pizza industry is worth $30 billion dollar today.
8. 80% of all sold pizzas in U.S. is Mozzarella cheese pizza
9.In 2010 over $4 billion worth of cheese is estimated to found as a topping on a pizza.
10. The first pizzeria in US was founded by New York City cook Gennaro Lombardi in 1905.
11. Americans eat around 100 acres of pizza each day.
Do you know any other facts about pizza? Comments welcome~